Monday, June 18, 2007

le creuset: a culinary dream come to pass

for those of you who know me, you know that i have been dreaming about the day that my kitchen will be home to a red le creuset pan...well my friends the day has come, and i am very excited. we have a le creuset outlet close by and i got a great deal (not to mention the added 20 percent off thanks to the military). so, i made creamy chicken risotto tonight that would knock your socks off. Also i found the perfect table cloth from the pottery barn outlet:pink paisley...dosn't get much better than that. So, even though it is silly, here are a couple pictures of my new treasures.



9 comments:

Jared and Lydia said...

Great pot and tablecloth Becca. I am so glad that your wildest dreams are coming to true. The dinner sounds deeeeeeeelicous. I want the recipe.

emily a. said...

There is nothing silly about that. I also dream of having one of those pots!

Taylor said...

Well now that you have a Cuisinart AND a Le Creuset, I guess you can't cuss at me anymore. In fact, since you're the one with a Vita-Mix, I guess that I'm the one who gets to use a little profanity.

Anonymous said...

well, money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure helps a little! LOVE the tablecloth....and I think you'd better post the recipe for the risotto. P.S. You have a Vita-Mix? Now I'm jealous.

Mrs. Cropper said...

Bec, now I have yet another reason to come to San Antonio to visit. Let's recap: 1) to see Y-O-U
2) to reconnect with my birthplace
3) to SHOP with you!!! Ahhhh...

Katie and Eric said...

Fun stuff. I love that tablecloth. I want to see more pictures of your house!:)

Danielle said...

hi becca!! I haven't seen you in so long but from the looks of things you are doing great! Your kids are darling. I heard from Em that you guys are living in Texas now. Ah moving. Well I guess its a little bit closer to the West anyway huh? Well I was just going to say that I don't think that getting really excited about le creuset or table clothes is silly. They are little things that can make chores like cooking just a little bit more fun. Especially if you don't maybe have your dream kitchen...you can have a little piece of it any way. I got some really cute ceramic measuring cups that I just love love love. Its fun just to look at them.

wendyrr said...

And people say it's tough keeping up with the Joneses!!! HA

esmiley said...

these are fabulous and soooooo you! how exciting!